The second wave of the pandemic was much more severe in India than the first. The country was not prepared for it. As the first wave somewhat subsided, people, even the government, began to relax. Shops, cinemas, and other public venues were opened up, and people started to have large gatherings as before, which eventually led to the serious outbreak. As a result, there is an immense shortage of oxygen cylinders and hospital beds. As of now the situation is grim and is expected to peak by the second week of May. Many cities are going into lockdown again.
Regarding the saints in the churches in India, unlike the first wave, this time more saints have been affected. At this point we have lost six dear brothers and one dear sister among us in the church life (all above fifty years old). Among the affected saints, some have recovered and some are in the process of recovery with mild to moderate symptoms. As far as the church life is concerned, the saints are still coming together on Skype, Google Meet or Zoom. In some areas where the situation is not as serious, some are physically coming together in smaller groups.
We believe that in the midst of this situation the Lord is gaining His saints and the churches more through the supply of the Lord’s speaking in the ministry. Last week there was a sisters training in the southern states, and more than 500 sisters participated online. This past week we have just finished a three day training of the serving ones where over 900 saints gathered on Zoom to enter into the 2021 Spring ITERO messages. These days through the supply and prayer of the Body we can testify that the saints are strengthened in the midst of this difficult situation. At the same time, we are also encouraged by the Lord to continue praying persistently, to spread the gospel and the ministry, and to strengthen the mutual care and shepherding of the saints for the building up among the churches.
We need much prayer at this critical time. Please find below the prayer burdens for India:
- Pray for the second wave of the COVID outbreak in India to be under control without further spreading, that the Lord of all can come into the situation to withstand the work of the enemy, and to control the worsening situation.
- Pray for the opening of people’s hearts; through God’s sovereign arrangement in the environment as the Leader, many can be open to Him as the Savior, to give repentance and forgiveness of sins to the people.
- Pray for the rising up of the spirit and the burden of the gospel among the saints in the churches for the continual spreading of the gospel of the kingdom to the friends, relatives and neighbors of the saints so that many more can be brought into salvation.
- Pray for those who are in high positions in this country to have the wisdom to handle properly the current outbreak.
- Pray for the strengthening of all the saints in India (192 churches, 8000 saints), and for the strengthening of the church life with mutual love, mutual care, mutual shepherding for the building up during the second wave of pandemic.